Directeur.trice Communications & évènements (en anglais)
Présentation de la structure
The European Youth Forum AISBL is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
Description de la mission
The European Youth Forum is looking for a Communications & Events Director. The Director is part of the senior management team and reports to the Secretary General.
The Director supervises and oversees the work of the communications and events team and carries out the work in close cooperation with all other departments within the Youth Forum.
- Lead and manage the Communications & Events Department;
- Develop the Youth Forum’s Communications and Events strategies and oversees their implementation;
- Promote the Youth Forum’s identity and reputation and delivers relevant public affairs activities;
- Ensure a holistic, consistent and coherent use of the Youth Forum’s communications and events materials, tools, methods, processes and policies;
- Coordinate cross-departmental work in order to agree on outcomes, objectives and key messages on activities, projects and events;
- Oversees the work of the Communications and Events Teams in cooperation with the Events Team Leader in order to ensure proper work distribution;
- Line manage four people full time and 1 intern on temporary basis;
- Manage and monitor the department’s budget.
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the Communications Strategy;
- Establish and nurture relations with the media, the Member Organisations, the Institutions, the Youth Forum alumni and other key stakeholders;
- Develop policy outreach/communication plans with the relevant departments, and establish rapid-response communications procedures.
- Supervise the planning, execution and evaluation of high profile events.;
- Develop an Events Strategy in cooperation with the Event Team Leader.
- Oversee the production of content and where necessary manage specific campaigns and public events such as debates, briefings, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Ensure that all events across the organisation are planned, organised and delivered consistently with high professional standards.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- At least 10 years experience in people management.
- At least 5 years experience in events and/or communication management ;
- Extensive professional experience in project management and in coordinating and supervising teams, preferably in a multicultural environment;
- The ability to inspire, motivate, supervise and guide people;
- Relevant professional experience working at international level in developing strategic communications and events;
- Good understanding of non-profit associations‘ international environment;
- Understanding the advocacy work towards the EU and international institutions;
- The ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions;
- A higher education or professional degree in communications or equivalent.
- An advanced level in spoken and written English;
- Proficiency in French is a strong asset and any other EU language is appreciated;
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The contract is for an open-ended duration and full time (35 hours per week). The gross monthly salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement – and depending on the years of experience – can range from 3,825 to 4,663 euros .
A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates for this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in the surrounding area.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on « Registration » and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the « private area” and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held between the 10 and 13 February and the successful candidate will be expected to start end February 2020.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. All
candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries .
All appointments should be made in a transparent way and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favorable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, gender identity, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. the Youth Forum welcomes all nationalities and will take any work permit request at its charge.
Any relevant volunteering experience is considered equal to any other professional experience.
Conflict of interest
All applicants should be informed and should inform the Youth Forum of any possible conflict of interest. Selected candidates should be aware that working and/or volunteering for a Member Organisation of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties or other representative civil society organisations at the European level might not be compatible with working at the Youth Forum.