Communications Team Leader (Bruxelles)
Présentation de la structure
Le Forum européen de la Jeunesse est la plate-forme des organisations de jeunesse en Europe. Nous représentent plus de 100 organisations de jeunesse, qui rassemblent des dizaines de millions de jeunes. des jeunes de toute l’Europe.
Le Forum Jeunesse s’efforce de donner aux jeunes les moyens de participer activement à la société. améliorer leur propre vie en représentant et en défendant leurs besoins et leurs intérêts et ceux de leurs organisations. Dans le contexte politique et social incertain actuel qui touche les jeunes, ils peuvent être de puissants catalyseurs de changement positif et des contributeurs de solutions innovantes aux défis de l’Europe.
Description de la mission
The European Youth Forum is looking for a Communications Team Leader within the Communications & Events Department. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Secretary-General. The position is a short-term contract from April to end of September 2019.
● Implement the Communications Strategy with the Communication Team.
● Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to Communications Team.
● Review and monitor communications work.
● Maintain a strategic overview of communications efforts and their contribution to the Youth Forum’s objectives
● Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Communications Team.
● Oversee resources and budget allocation of communications efforts.
● Ensure regular and consistent communication within the team.
● Facilitate effective collaboration within the team.
● Carry out regular feedback with the team.
● Supervise and carry out the communication work of the Youth Forum with the Communications Team.
● Oversee the communications plans of the Youth Forum’s European Election 2019 campaign.
● Lead on the communication efforts around Youth Forum events.
● Coordinate the production of Youth Forum online and printed publications, with staff, volunteers and external consultants.
● Support activities for the benefit of the Youth Forum if needed and appropriate.
Profile of the ideal candidate
● Have at least 4-5 years of professional experience in strategic communication.
● A university master degree in journalism or communication is strongly desirable but can be compensated by extensive relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience.
Team management skills
● Excellent leadership skills.
● Ability to lead and supervise a team.
● Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
● Thorough understanding of the workings of the EU institutions.
● Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment.
● Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
● Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines.
● Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
● Excellent time-management and organisation skills.
● Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills.
● Advanced level in spoken and written English, knowledge of French is a strong asset and in any other EU language is appreciated.
● Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications.
Terms of the contract
The contract is for an fixed-term contract (April-September included) and full time (35 hours per week). The gross monthly salary (according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is €3,200.
A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in surrounding area.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org
Deadline for application (18/02/19) (23h59 CET)
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on « Registration » and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the « private area” and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held 27 & 28 February and the successful candidate will be expected to start 1 April 2019.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. All candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries .
All appointments should be made in a transparent way and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favorable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, gender identity, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. the Youth Forum welcomes all nationalities and will take any work permit request at its charge.
Any relevant volunteering experience is considered equal to any other professional experience.
Conflict of interest
All applicants should be informed and should inform the Youth Forum of any possible conflict of interest. Selected candidates should be aware that working and/or volunteering for a Member Organisation of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties or other representative civil society organisations at the European level might not be compatible with working at the Youth Forum.