Chargé.e de projets Capitale européenne de la jeunesse (en anglais)
Présentation de la structure
The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interest and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
Description de la mission
The European Youth Forum is looking for a Project Officer to join the Policy & Advocacy Department. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Policy & Advocacy Team Leader to support the work of the European Youth Capital.
The European Youth Capital is a title awarded by the European Youth Forum designed to empower young people, boost youth participation and strengthen European identity.
Each year, a new European city is given the chance to showcase its innovative ideas, projects and activities that aim to raise up young voices and bring a new youth perspective to all aspects of city life.
For more information read here: https://www.youthforum.org/youthcapital
- Coordinate all aspects of the programme of the European Youth Capital, including the coordination of the assessment and award process, the monitoring and evaluation of the programme implementation
- Contribute to build a stronger attractiveness and reputation of the European Youth Capital title among local authorities and other stakeholders
- Be the guarantor of the integrity of the European Youth Capital programme by applying the rules set for the process
- Build a strong network and strengthen relationships with various relevant stakeholders (member organisations, other youth NGOs, local and regional authorities, civil society and institutional partners).
- Implement and follow-up on the European Youth Forum policy demands related to the European Youth Capital title and develop cooperation with partners in accordance with the organisation’s strategy under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic priorities and work plan of the European Youth Forum.
- Assist the Team Leader and the Policy and Advocacy Director as required.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- At least two years professional experience in managing transnational projects involving local authorities and civil society organisation.
- Experience working with local authorities will be an asset.
- Knowledge youth policy and youth issues.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages is welcome.
Project management skills
- Ability to process and analyse information from multiple sources quickly.
- Ability to lead complex processes involving different stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Synthesise and translate into understandable language.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to develop and build a strong network of relevant partners.
- Ability to understand the impact of broad policy issues on young people.
- Ability to set objectives and strategic thinking.
- Summarise and write in a concise and impactful manner.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Dynamic, persistent and service-oriented.
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac operating system.
- Sociable, service-oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Proactive, critical, flexible and solution-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines.
- Ability to master new technical and organization concepts and information.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time-management and organization skills.
- Excellent written – verbal and good digital communication skills.
- A good understanding of the international non-profit associations‘s environment and experience working in a multicultural environment.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The contract is for 5 years and full time (35 hours per week). The gross monthly salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is €2,754.
A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in the surrounding area.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on « Registration » and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the « private area” and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held mid-February and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. All candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries .
All appointments should be made in a transparent way and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favorable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, gender identity, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. the Youth Forum welcomes all nationalities and will take any work permit request at its charge.
Any relevant volunteering experience is considered equal to any other professional experience.
Conflict of interest
All applicants should be informed and should inform the Youth Forum of any possible conflict of interest. Selected candidates should be aware that working and/or volunteering for a Member Organisation of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties or other representative civil society organisations at the European level might not be compatible with working at the Youth Forum.